Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 01:38 PM

_JT_ is on a distinguished road

_JT_ is on a distinguished road
Since joining the 5th Gen with a 2019 TRD PRO last week, I've gone on a tear trying to catch up on any updates to Entune/JBL Premium Soundsystems specifically for adding Android Auto. Put a Sony AX7000 in my 2008 last year, and it's been a game changer. Having Android auto and Carplay just changes the drive.

On that front, for 5th Gen found TrailGridPro's youtube and their website with a simple kit change. I haven't personally used the below kit, but having the Sony XAV-AX7000 in the 4th gen, I can tell you that the headunit is amazing compared to the Entune setup. One huge benefit is the Sony has a built in amp puts out 100W x 4, more juice for whatever aftermarket speakers you put in(I used Kickers in the 4th gen). They also have kits for the AX5000, but that only has 55W x 4, so less boom but great functionality. Crutchfield doesn't have the sony as an option which i thought was odd, but these guys have a whole setup that seemed easier than what i did in the 4th Gen from crutchfield's field guide.

Worth looking at, and if we don't get the android auto option, i'm ripping entune out and slapping in the 7000 or whatever model is out there then. Feel free to ask any questions about the headunit. Good luck Sony XAV-AX7000 Plug & Play Bundle | '10 - '19 4Runner | Trail Grid Pro

Last edited by _JT_; 03-19-2021 at 01:42 PM.
_JT_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote