Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Long Crank Time
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 11:45 AM
Elite Member

LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice
Elite Member

LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruenegenes View Post
Great idea, I’ll check the pump. I replaced it a month ago, but who knows.

One other thing - before I disconnected the lines to the fuel filter to relieve pressure (but there was no pressure), I opened the gas cap and when I did, a bunch of air whooshed in or out. Not sure which direction. I’m wondering if the tank isn’t venting properly - not letting air in - I suppose it’s possible the pump wouldn’t be able to operate if so. Anybody ever have issues with the fuel tank not venting?
If your vent valve on the tank isn’t working properly then it should trip the money light and some PO 4xx code should pop up. Sometimes one can smell the valve leaking. If you had the right scan tool you could test it (bi directional one). But I don’t believe it would cause the hard cranks....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D-HPp2-_PFM

Ever get a code reader app for the IPhone?
LittleCaesar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote