Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 10:09 AM

Zero0575 will become famous soon enough Zero0575 will become famous soon enough

Zero0575 will become famous soon enough Zero0575 will become famous soon enough
ABS/VSC Lights (no check engine)

Hey All,

I have seen some threads about this and have been attempting to troubleshoot my issue with no success so I'm hoping for some assistance here.

Intermittently while driving, my ABS/VSC/TRACK/BRAKE lights will come on the dash. When you stop driving, park the car and turn it off and then back on the lights are no longer there. This makes it impossible to take it somewhere to get the codes read! I have a bluetooth code reader, but it doesn't read ABS codes - only check engine codes.

Aside from the lights, the brakes are working fine. I have tried the following:

Bleed all 4 calipers and topped off fluid
Replaced brake light switch
Checked for stuck caliper pistons
Cleaned front wheel speed sensors (will be cleaning the rears this evening)
edit: Also have done ZPC (zero point calibration)

I am actively trying to resolve this. One thing I found this past weekend was a slide pin not moving very freely on a rear caliper. After loosening the slide pin, I had to pry it out of the bracket to actually remove it. I've ordered new slide pins and caliper brackets for the rear (should be delivered this week) hoping maybe that is my issue and will be posting back here if that resolves it. I'm not even sure if a binding slide pin might cause the abs light - wondering if someone here might know that?

Any other ideas? It's driving me INSANE! I hate just throwing parts at it not knowing if they're actually faulty (again, can't read codes to confirm anything because any time they appear they go away when the car is shut off). My next future step might be to just replace all 4 wheel speed sensors if nothing else works.
2007 Limited V8 | 275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Spidertrax | 4xInnovations Weld On Sliders | Victory 4x4 Blitz Front Bumper | RCI Skids | TNF Rear Bumper | Smittybuilt Winch | KOYORAD Aluminum Radiator |OME 886 Front/Toytec Superflex HD Rear and OME Shocks/Struts | JBA High Caster UCA | Rebuilt LCA with Superpro bushings + Moog BJ | HCF Delete | Doug Thorley Shorty Headers | Magnaflow HFC | Gibson Catback | Rear Diff Breather Extension | 20" Spot/Flood | 9" Spots | DD SS3 Yellow Fogs | Amber Grill Lights | Fog Lights Anytime Mod

Last edited by Zero0575; 03-23-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Zero0575 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote