Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:12 PM

numbbrrr is on a distinguished road

numbbrrr is on a distinguished road
Solved!

I went to alot of "expert" 4x4 shops for three and a half years in the Washington DC area. My car would literally change lanes going 50mph in 3 seconds. Very dangerous. The shops would take on average about $2000-$3000 and then tell me it was "fixed" I ended spending over $10k in "ideas" which never fixed it. 3 sets of new tires. new upper control arms. New upper ball joints, new bushings, new wheels, wheel alighments etc. "dragging brake calipers" new brake calipers...new brakes....it went on and on....about 8 different alignments. a body structure test to see if my truck frame was bent. I ended up going to a basic NTB store because my wheels were shaking too and I thought they had been balanced. Then a 22 year old kid showed me my lower ball joints were all chewed up. He told me that would cause wheels shaking AND was was why my car wouldn't drive straight.....FIXED IT! Just thought I'd mention it to anyone who had this problem and everyone who tried to help! On a side note during all this my strut was installed crooked at one of these expert 4x4 shops by a full inch and it's seized. I was told one inch of height difference on the right front side would not cause my truck to drive crooked either. UHUH...ok. Toytec is telling me ONE strut is $700 plus tax and shipping it will be over $800 for a single OLDER model strut... yet a pair is $850?! I found some old man emu....new ones for about $100 each....Looks like I'll probably be changing struts to old man emu. Is $800 for a single toytec strut normal? I don't need the spring, just the strut. Anyone know where to get a toytec strut for cheaper? I found a new one on Ebay for $90 same model but I don't know why ebay would be $90 and straight from toytec $800?

Last edited by numbbrrr; 03-23-2021 at 11:16 PM.
numbbrrr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote