View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 11:09 AM

zw470 has a spectacular aura about zw470 has a spectacular aura about zw470 has a spectacular aura about

zw470 has a spectacular aura about zw470 has a spectacular aura about zw470 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPrat View Post
Just wanted to share my experience here with a product and vendor. Installed a new head unit today and am incredibly happy with how it came out.

I've been wanting to have CarPlay in my 2017 since I bought it and have been going through the typical forum search/online review search. I'm not too much of a brand loyalist, but I've put quite a few JVCs in previous cars. I just wanted something quality and fit well.

I had my eyes on the AX8000 with the floating screen, but was hesitant with how much space the screen would take up and finding the sweet spot between blocking the vents and blocking HVAC controls. As I started to do more research, I found the 7000 had better output (45wRMS, 4x100) compared to the 8000 (20wRMS, 4x55) and had a capacitive anti glare screen. I do enjoy my music, so the higher output was the winner.

I somehow stumbled onto trailgridpro.com and found their plug and play bundles. They take the aftermarket harnesses and solder/heat shrink/wrap the wires and send it to you fully assembled in a Metra kit.

Photo of the wiring harness:

Untitled by Brian Praetorius, on Flickr

I also opted for the Sirius adaptor, and am just waiting on one more wire to get that fully functioning.

I won't go into tearing the dash apart, as there are plenty of threads on here for that. I was insanely pleased with how well this package was put together, and on top of that, when I called Cliff at 1pm on a Saturday to troubleshoot something, he picked right up. Their install videos are pretty well done, as well.

Untitled by Brian Praetorius, on Flickr

Overall it took me about 2 hours, but I took my time and double/triple checked everything was functional before I buttoned it up. The sound is SO much better, even on the factory speakers.

If you're looking for something that is quality plug-and-play, definitely check these guys out. Won't be disappointed.
1. Did the kit come with everything needed to make the factory USB port work with the new radio?
2. Did you select the "maintain Sirius/XM" option?
zw470 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote