Site Navigation

Thread: Long Crank Time
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 11:19 AM

gruenegenes is on a distinguished road

gruenegenes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCaesar View Post
Did they hook up a decent code reader to it? Any anomalies in the live data? Anything aftermarket in it as far as electrical is concerned?

They checked for codes and found none. I didn’t ask about live data, but I’ll follow up with them. The live data on my scanner was within specs, but my scanner is far from pro grade.

I think you’re on to something with your electrical question. My suspicion has turned from fuel to electrical this week. Nothing aftermarket electrical currently installed, but at some point a PO installed an amplifier and other sound stuff. It was all gone by the time I got the vehicle, but I could tell it wasn’t a clean installation. I had to clean up the battery ground. There’s also a fuse in the inside fuse box occupying a location that is vacant in the all the Toyota documentation I’ve seen. I can’t tell what it’s connected to. The mechanic found a bit of bare wire in the igniter wire harness that he wrapped with tape, but he didn’t mention it as a concern. I’ll follow up this post with videos of it having difficulty starting....