Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 12:45 PM

twonot1 is on a distinguished road

twonot1 is on a distinguished road
Question Coastal Offroad Front Bumper Question/Issue

Hello T4R world.

I'm wondering if any of you have used the Coastal Offroad kit for your front bumper. My buddy and I started welding up mine, and we ran into issues that we were hoping didn't require extensive modification. I'm also hoping Coastal will chime in here, as I've tried unsuccessfully to get them by email a couple of times, and I'd like to get this bumper done! This post is a bit of copy/paste/hack from that email. I am unable to embed photos for some reason. If anybody has tips to make that work, that'd be great!

Let me first just say that I'm impressed with the kit so far. The pieces up to this point have fit together great with no modifications, only grinding bevels where recommended. My 12k-lb winch should fit pretty easily with some tubing reroutes. I just need to know if I'm doing it wrong and how to fix it if so. Now let's get on with it:

This is on an '03 Sport with the gray flares/molding. The issue I'm having mainly deals with the top "wings" of the bumper, that go out from the center winch area over to the fender flare. It seems to us like the wing tops are far too wide. If we bring them toward the middle of the vehicle to narrow it up, as shown below, it throws off all the angles, and brings the top bar too close to the fender.

20210313_113944 | twon otone | Flickr

Even pulled in toward the middle, it still sticks out a bit too far, but it's at the max inboard position because at that point it's hitting the under part of the fender (facing out but not visible when a bumper is present). Does it seem like the wings are cut correctly, or rather like they're for a different trim level, or perhaps we're doing it wrong?

20210313_113953 | twon otone | Flickr

Modifying this wing top piece would then require modification to every other piece that goes below it (defeating the purpose of the kit for me). I'm excited to get this finished, and any help is appreciated! Thanks, T4R!

Last edited by twonot1; 03-29-2021 at 01:02 PM. Reason: attach photos
twonot1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote