Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 01:02 PM

techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough

techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough
I've ran OME on several vehicles, they make very good stuff. However, I think this depends on how much weight you'll have when you're "full of gear on the trail".
As you can see on ARB's vehicle application guides, the heavy duty springs are good for about 330lbs of stuff and the heavy constant springs for about 660lbs. Rule out the heavy constant springs since obviously, you wont have permanent equipment such as roller drawers with fridge, roof top tent, steel bumpers, spare fuel, etc etc. The normal heavy duty springs will perform best when they are loaded up. They'll keep your lift and give a great ride with all you stuff, but you'll have a firm ride when empty and it will be harder to get full compression when flexing offroad.

I would go with the medium load springs (895). They have a load rate increase of about 40% and will easily handle a full load without sagging the lift. Make sure you pair them with the OME shocks for best results. The shocks valving is velocity dependent so they're firm at high speeds and softer at slow speeds. That works very well offroad.

I currently have Wheelers T12 rear coils which have a 10% increase in load rate over stock and think they work great when I'm fully loaded up for camping for a family of four and when daily driving. But since it daily drives way more than offroading, keeping the stiffness increase down was my priority.
techno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote