Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 07:53 PM

Bruin1md is on a distinguished road

Bruin1md is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbybaconator View Post
I picked up a new Lunar Rock pro last week, and i'm currently debating whether or not do some additional paint protection. It is very likely I will keep this vehicle 10 years.

The truck that I bought has the paint package installed currently, as it came with it. It's the factory installed PPF around key areas in the front. Unfortunately it doesn't protect everything, and I already have a rock chip just below the hood where there is no PPF.

I have a quote from a local shop who is willing to do full body PPF (Premium Shield Self Healing) and a 3 year Ceramic Coat (Feynlabs) for $5500 total, including tax. This is lower than other shops I have called in the area, and this shop has great reviews on Yelp, so they seem trustworthy. I like the idea of Full-Body so as to not have miscolored panels next to each other after a few years.

I'm having difficulty decided whether or not it's even worth it to get the PPF and ceramic coat at all. My truck will be parked outside in the Texas sun 24/7 (never under any trees, thankfully). And this will mostly be used as a Daily Driver outside of a few camping and very light offloading trips every year.

I like to keep my vehicles clean, but I do not obsess over it. Do y'all think it's worth it to go with the PPF/Ceramic? Is it overkill? This wasn't something I ever thought about with my last car, but it seems to be all the rage these days, and I think it's skewing my decision. I've spent more time agonizing over paint the past few days than I did making the decision to buy a 4runner.

I would do PPF but not ceramic pro. The former will definitely help with rock chips. The latter is worth doing only if you have no desire to wax your truck and/or you want that ‘pop’ and water resistance.
I did the PPF over the entire hood/front end/mirrors and have zero regrets.
Frankly, I think you’re better off waxing it every 6 months, especially since it will be in the sun.
Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruin1md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote