Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 10:32 PM

Wrenchin4torts is on a distinguished road

Wrenchin4torts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devbot View Post
285s just barely fit in the stock spare location (not even properly so), so I very highly doubt 295s will
I've seen a few other people here use 295s before but few and far in between, it's definitely an uncommon size. I think user @Wrenchin4torts is using some
I'm running 295/70-17's which is a inch larger.
BUT I also have worked in the tire industry the last 14 years. So I can help. 295/70-16 is a very rare size it's actually smaller in diameter than the 285/75-16 but wider. It's really only .5" taller over the 265 which you only gain 1/4" ground clearance. Not worth the heavier set up.

Id be shocked if it fit underneath especially with the hitch. I run a swing down hitch mounted spare carrier on mine.

I personally would run the 265/75-16 because you have a lot more options being a more common size and prices are lower, also you won't need spacers furthering your savings. If you want a wider stance save for wheels
If you want bigger tires I'd run 285-75-16 more options /lower prices actual ground clearance gains. But you need to relocate your spare.

Lastly don't buy ko2s way overpriced for poor performance.
Wrenchin4torts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote