View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 02:54 AM

Rpede is on a distinguished road

Rpede is on a distinguished road
130k miles 4Runner suspension replacement?

First time 4Runner owner. My 4Runner has all original stock OEM suspension parts. There is little to no rust on suspension and underneath. Does it make sense to replace the old suspension parts preemptively? What should I look out for that may soon need replacement at this mileage? Read some reports of coils being worn down at this mileage or less responsive.

I’m almost positive that struts/shocks front back need replacement as well as my upper control arms. I want to keep things stock (no lift)...has anyone tried the BillStein 4160 (yellow/blue) struts/shocks? If I don’t go with the 4160s I may just get OEM unless if someone has a recommendation. For stock OEM fit type upper control arms there doesn’t seem to be many options other than moog and ax delco.

Any other maintenance tips at this mileage I should concern myself with? Water pump and radiator are original...expecting these to go bad soon but maybe they last longer on Toyota’s? Replaced my spark plugs, belt, 3 idler pulleys and PCV valve last week. All fluids have been changed. I’m expecting something like a wheel bearing being needed soon at this type of mileage.
Rpede is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote