View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 10:26 PM

Rancho5 is on a distinguished road

Rancho5 is on a distinguished road
3rd Gen guy looking at a 2004 tomorrow. Advice appreciated.

I’m coming from the world of 3rd Gens, specifically at 2002 sport, which I just recently sold to my son. Anyway, I’m going to look at a 2004 SR5 V8 4 x 4 tomorrow, with 150,000 on the clock. I’ll take a flashlight and crawl underneath and inspect for rust, sagging springs, basic leaks and stains, and may take my scanner with me.

As I’ve been scanning the forum I noticed something about secondary air pressure pump and Toyota not being willing to replace it? Is this something that I should worry about and if so how do I check it? Or is it something with the later V8’s with the VVT?

I also read that apparently there is not a transmission dipstick? How in the world do I check the transmission fluid if there’s no dipstick? And, how do I replace the fluid once I get it, just to start out fresh?

In short, any advice you could give me would be appreciated.