View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 12:26 AM

Rpede is on a distinguished road

Rpede is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for your responses this is helpful. I replaced my idler bearings because of hearing about so many of them going bad around my mileage. The water pump I was thinking of replacing only because of my experience with a Honda which the water pump went out almost every 100k...maybe I should hold off on this and I’m getting too paranoid about something going bad. I don’t see any signs of leaks around and on the water pump yet. This is my first Toyota ever and I’m not certain of what typically goes bad after 130k in mileage. I know the prior owner did some towing which worries me, I did drop the pan and changed the filter and cleaned the magnets. I expected way more debris on the magnets than what I saw, perhaps I am used to the Honda automatics which always seem to shed a lot and the magnet would be saturated. I can’t believe the price of used 4runners with mileage as high as mine which held me back for the longest time in buying this beautiful machine. I couldn’t hold back and finely decided to get one and am praying nothing major creeps up on me. Changing my oil every 5k and doing a drain and fill every year on the trans fluid, diffs/tc, and engine coolant. Probably overkill but it helps me sleep better lol. Still debating which oil filter to consistently use: the OEM or the OEM TRD. Some say the TRD oil filter is too restrictive but I would think Toyota would have already tested this possibility?
Rpede is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote