Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:28 PM

Mgltacoma is on a distinguished road

Mgltacoma is on a distinguished road
Here is the update:
I got demineralised water( apparently there is no distilled water here) and used plastic syringe and filled up the 6 valves in the battery.
Originally I thought the water level is well below low mark was wrong assessment from my part. After shaking the battery I can see the water level better and it was low but not that low. So I topped it up to high mark. The tricky part was trying not to get dirt particles falling into those valves. It was nearly impossible as I had so much dust stuck on lips of those caps. Anyways I had few dust drops and hope that wont matter much.

Once it was filled up, I gave it a good shake to mix it up and put my Noco 5 on repair mode and ran it for 4 hours. After that I ran regular charge and let it sit.

The video I referenced earlier in my post, the guy was doing this once every 6 months. For me I will do refill water and repair mode once a year. Let us see how long my battery will last now.
So far right after charge it is 13.6V and then when it settles in it is around 12.68V. Good enough for now.
Another interesting thing was that after disconnecting the battery for over night I was expecting the truck would lose its power window setting like 4th gen, but no they were still working. So I am little puzzled about that.
I also applied some fluid film on the terminals so it does not build up any acid.

Last edited by Mgltacoma; 04-06-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Mgltacoma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote