View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 12:17 AM

Ontime1969 is on a distinguished road

Ontime1969 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4de_ View Post
Im glad im finding your Thread when its starting. i just got my first Toyota 4runner. a 1995 and this is exactly what im looking at doing. I know the front end needs a refresher and i want to give this truck some Justice. Doing some of this basic stuff is more than most do so congrats! I was looking at the Moog front end stuff they sell a kit online for just over 300 and id need to get a idler arm and Pitman. How was the build Quality on the Beck Arnley?

I need to tackle my power steering it looks like its been leaking for a while too. just got the truck off a 19 year old whose been beating the piss out of it.
Hi @W4de_ thanks for commenting. Yeah you know I had planned on getting moog for a long time while thinking about doing this job. But after reading a lot of threads that covered this going back over the past few years about front end components, a lot of people have commented that Moog's quality has gone down, so I decided to go with the Beck Arnley as they were at a similar quality as oem. I hope that was not a mistake but the the componants do seem nice and beefy and do seem close to what I took off.

Also That pittmen arm bolt on the bottom of the steering box was a mother F'er lol I had to use a breaker bar with a 2 foot length of fence post added.

Here is the old one and the new idler arm next to each other. Just to compare. The arm of the BA is a little thicker and the head is a little fatter. Not much but a little.

I am doing power steering in my next update.
Attached Images
Ontime's 94 AZ Desert 4Runner-screenshot_20210406-205931_gallery-jpg 

Last edited by Ontime1969; 04-07-2021 at 12:20 AM.
Ontime1969 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote