Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 07:48 PM

rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough

rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough
Started off today with a quick rinse, heading back out camping in two days so no need to spend too much time on it. Been going out so much, this is the first time I washed it since December

Taking the rear tray out next week and replacing it with a drawer system so since it will be bare, I figured I would lay down some basic sound deadening. Originally wasn't going to do it, the noise doesn't bother me, but didn't hurt to add a little. Definitely a quick and sloppy job, but since I was already going this far, I would just lay a quick covering. On the right is the base 80mil butyl layer, and the left is a 180mil foam.

Once the rear carpet and tray were out, my plan was just to apply it to most of the visible areas. Wasn't going to tear everything out to fully cover it.

Never done it before, and took about 20 seconds to skip over the instructions and just went for it. I knew I would need to get back into the holes in the floor for mounting the drawer system so I just roughly cut around them. It isn't pretty, but nobody will ever see it lol

Everything put back together, only takes a few minutes and need the tray back in so it is level to sleep in the back this weekend! Thinking of pulling out the rear wheel well covers and the oem jack cover and throwing some of this stuff in there since I have some leftover, but that will be another time.

From there I turned my attention to my rear swing out. The bumper never included a pin that would lock the swingout when open. After trying 3 different ways to contact shrockworks to see if I could buy one, I gave up and got my own. I picked up this pin from amazon, It was the right size, but the top hole needed to be bored out a sliver for it to fit in. I also drilled a hole in the lower base of the pivot area so I can keep the pin in when it is closed as a backup for the latch. I have had one time where someone opened my latch when my car was outside and since then I have been paranoid that it's going to swing open one day. At least this gives me a little peace of mine, and it will hold the swing arm closed until I can stop and fix it.

Last night I got the fridge I have been looking forward to the most! The SetPower AJ50! This one is probably going to our go to fridge, and most comparable to a Dometic style at 1/3rd of the price. Excited to try this one out this weekend.

rjtakesphotos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote