Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 08:20 PM

Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about

Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about Oldmanb777 has a spectacular aura about
I have had the privilege of spending time with a few of the "Greatest generation". One of the pilots who taught me to fly was a B-17 driver. Our neighbor when i grew up flew "Juggs" in the pacific and was shot down. One of our check airman was the son of a Tuskegee airman. It was always a real treat to have dinner with his Dad. I had an uncle who was shot down over Meintz. Spent the rest of the war as a POW. I have his last flight plan paperwork. He was invited to come a retrieve the remnants of his crew after they were found. That was an amazing experience. But the one who always will be with me, was they guy who I met by total accident. He was one of the few survivors of the Tang. His real world description of what "Guest of the Emperor" meant still shakes me to the bone. Don't miss the opportunity to have a chat with them. They changed the world, that I had the privilege to grow up in.

Last edited by Oldmanb777; 04-07-2021 at 08:25 PM.
Oldmanb777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote