View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 11:06 AM

68whiskey is on a distinguished road

68whiskey is on a distinguished road
Starter button inop, please help.

Alright folks. 2010 Limited here. The remote works to unlock the doors per usual, but the starter button will not do anything at all. It lights up how it should, but will not even turn the accessories on.

Some history: I’ve had it for a couple of years now but it’s been mostly sitting as it needed some bodywork done. I’ve started it on a semi-regular basis when I could; it was in a storage garage. Just a couple of weeks ago, the battery was flat. It was old to begin with, so I replaced it. When I replaced it, it came to life as usual. It started up, everything worked, I drove it about a mile to make sure that was the case. Fast forward to a couple days ago, the push-to-start will not work.

Some things I’ve done: I started with the easiest thing and replaced the battery in the remote hoping that’s all it was. Checked all fuses related to ignition and the smart key system. The switch for the brake pedal works as it should since the taillights work. The button itself is getting power. I’ve tried holding the key to the button and pushing it that way as well. Also tried holding the starter button down for 30 seconds for the override that supposedly exists.

If the accessories turned on but it wouldn’t crank, I’d be a lot less confused. But I can’t even get it to do that. It literally does nothing to try and start the truck. It recognizes the key, though. I’m hoping it is something simple that I’m overlooking, but I’m fresh out of ideas. I’ve googled to no end, but all I can find are answers related to a dead key fob battery or the actual battery itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!