Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 04:56 PM
Elite Member

phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute phattyduck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmer View Post
Hey thanks for the info! I am newish to this forum so I didn't see the for sale section, I'll check it out and maybe post there to see if someone has one laying around.

As far as refurbing, how is yours going? You mentioned it was the wrong color, did you dye it or get a leather cover? I'd do that as a last resort if I just can't find a decent factory one. I just know it will never be as perfect as factory, sadly. I really wish Toyota still made more of these old parts, but I get why they don't.

I'll check out the camry, solara, and sienna models - is the steering wheel the same or just similar?
Here's the kit for new leather: Toyota 4Runner LEATHER WHEEL KIT 1994 -97,98-03.02-09 - OE Covers spokes | eBay

It is good quality leather and fits - but it is a big challenge to do the sewing correctly and takes lots of time. Also takes multiple weeks to recieve. Mine is all sewed up and looks pretty good but not perfect.

Right now, I'm custom modifying the stock Sienna steering wheel controls to work with aftermarket stereos - not something you should plan on unless you know how to modify PCBs, etc. It requires a new clock spring too.

The correct Camry/Sienna steering wheels are a direct bolt-on, but often the wrong color (tan, blue-gray, etc.). There are also a number of other stock Toyota/Lexus wheel options that bolt on with varying levels of modifications.

-Charlie
'16 Honda Odyssey Elite
Previous: '88 Camry Alltrac LE 3S-GE BEAMS, 90 Camry 3S-GTE, 90 Camry DX, '03 WRX wagon, '08 Outback XT
phattyduck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote