Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 11:40 PM

firegod33r is on a distinguished road

firegod33r is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukchut View Post
Picture/rig looks awesome! I am doing the same install in a few weeks (C4 LoPro, BD 30in, and Warn VR10-S). Any tips that might come in handy? Did you need to buy anything extra to get it all installed? I am hoping the AC condenser line is the only thing I need to modify. TIA!
I just started doing my install today. C4LoPro with 30 inch extreme led and Warn VR EVO 12S (the 10S and 12S have the exact same dimensions)
The AC line was no issue. In fact I prematurely moved it 1/2 inch thinking I had to and then once I installed the bumper I saw that the winch wasn’t anywhere near the AC like. The power steering line however is a different story.

I didn’t want to relocate my Warn control box so I had to unscrew both power steering brackets from the truck and lift it up using a zip tie. I secured it to the long metal bracket that goes up vertically in front of the radiator (see pic) and I wrapped the area touching the box with electrical tap.
Then I left line resting on top of the box for a few hours so it stretches the flexible hoses on both end of the power steering line and to make sure the angel wasn’t sever enough to cause issue or leaks.
I then loosened the holding brackets that clamp on to the power steering line and then attached the bracket back to the truck, but allowing the line to move freely inside the holder (once you see it, it’ll make sense)
At first it looked like it was gonna stretch things out a bit too much. So I slowly tightened everything down starting on the passenger side and checked for stresses and it looked good.
The passenger bracket lines up pretty well. The driver side is the one that starts pulling on the line. I think ideally bending that bracket back about 1/2 would put a little less stress on the lines so may do that tomorrow. Check the pics and let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

The last pic is of the flexible hose that allows for this flex to take place. That’s what you want to pay attention to, to make sure it’s not stretching out too much and causing the clamps to fail or open.
Attached Images
What winches are you guys running in the C4 lo-pro bumper?-05513b6e-74e2-47ba-bddb-30af5422ce41-jpg  What winches are you guys running in the C4 lo-pro bumper?-4c4d28fd-7e5e-4bb6-a94b-c78f476b60c3-jpg  What winches are you guys running in the C4 lo-pro bumper?-9f894e7c-4c20-48a3-b164-096a6d4e362a-jpg  What winches are you guys running in the C4 lo-pro bumper?-d8ac03b4-b6ec-445e-af53-20ba330b531f-jpg  What winches are you guys running in the C4 lo-pro bumper?-298174e8-c5ef-48d6-9b06-aa76862de33e-jpg 
firegod33r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote