Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 06:23 PM

kindpunkjames is on a distinguished road

kindpunkjames is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverwolf View Post
Honestly, given both units are $500ish, I'd seriously consider sticking to the traditional brands like Sony/Alphine/Pioneer/Kenwood/etc. Then add standalone dash cams. I've followed these generic Android units off-and-on for a number of years and the quality is seriously hit-or-miss...even when 2 people buy the exact same unit, they've been known to report quite different experiences...and support is virtually non-existent.

Good luck.
Thanks for all the helpful info! Two quick follow-ups - #1 if I went with a sony/alpine/etc., do those still have android? I'm really fond of the agama car launcher and the ability to have engine diagnostic apps and such, and #2 Can you recommend any similar pricepoint 'dependable' brand units that are still in the realm of the 10 or so inch floating touchscreen style?
kindpunkjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote