Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 06:21 AM

Vansnxtweek will become famous soon enough

Vansnxtweek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devbot View Post
In regard to upgrading your trailing arms I don't think you'll see much benefit unless you're running a major amount of lift or do some fairly heavy crawling, but that's just my 2 cents. I currently use the OEM set so maybe someone that has something like Opt Offroad arms would like to chime in and say otherwise
I'm currently waiting for an opportunity to install my JBA UCAs and was curious about caster angle so this is all appreciated by me as well lol
Yeah I've never been too interested in getting fancy arms..don't see much need for me. I'm all about helping others too man so stay tuned and maybe we can figure this out. Otherwise I'm super happy with arms. Great quality, perfect fit, and fast service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo View Post
I recently did a full suspension and steering overhaul. Added a lift. Replaced damn near everything in the front end and I had a random vibration/wander at 55-65 mph. I rechecked everything, double checked the alignment. Couldn't figure out what I was missing.

Ended up having two wheels out of balance. Now its smooth as glass at all speeds, no wander. Probably had this issue before but my suspension was so clapped out I assumed it was part of that.

Food for thought.
Thank you, sometimes you need to think back to the simplest of things. I've got my stock wheels and tires I'm going to put those on and see if that changes anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
Try rotating the tires to see what that does if you didnt already. You could try replacing the steering rack guide/spring with the newer kind if you have the roller type. Youre supposed to torque the guide on the bench with no fluid, so doing it on the vehicle is basically trial an error. I think you'd probably have a shimmy felt in the steering wheel if it was the rack guide. I have mine tightened up so the steering is exactly how I like it, pretty tight/heavy but easily returns. I don't like the normal loosey goosey Toyota steering.
Def. gonna try to rotate or put the stockers back on and see how that feels. I keep reading about this guide and I've never heard about it before. I'm going to look into this a little bit more.

If I'm being honest...

This thing is really starting to piss me off. More mad at myself than anything. Had a perfectly good riding, solid vehicle and I've thrown all this time and money at it and it rides like shit right now. Its crazy stiff in the front so I think I need to crank the coilovers back down (I only put 4 turns on each but it feels like a covered wagon). I am going to completely take off the rear driveshaft and grease the shit out of that and see if that helps.

Gotta get this right this is getting ridiculous. I still am waiting to hear back from the "tech" to see if there was more adjustment left where he could have put more caster in it. I asked them to put it above three and that didn't happen so we will see. My previous one drove so much better than this. The only other variable is the fact that these are the "aluma" coilovers vs their normal boss or ultimate ones. I think I like the others better, if I'm being honest.

Thanks for all the help everyone I'm banging my head against the wall.
Vansnxtweek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote