Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 03:07 AM

Lazywildcat01 is on a distinguished road

Lazywildcat01 is on a distinguished road
Bilstein 5160 leaks two times now

I read about some people having failures on their 5160s, but decided to go with them anyways and thinking it wouldn't happen to me. Well....its happened twice on driver side in 4 months/5k plus miles of ownership. A total of 2 moderate off road trails on the first set and 1 easy off road trail on the 2nd set.

12/5/20: Installed 6112 and 5160 with Wheelers T13 coils for 2.5"/1.5" (more like 2.75"/1") A week later got 285s on Falken Wildpeak at3w p-metric and icon rebounds 17x8.5" wheels

1/12/21: noticed a leak, got a warranty process in February. Had to buy a new shock, send old one back in and then the refund will be processed.

3/14/21: Installed new 5160 on driver side along with a pair of OME 10mm trim packers and now it sits level front and rear

4/12/21: Noticed another leak on same driver side. Still awaiting refund of first shock sent back. Have not notified Wheelers of 2nd leak yet.

*durobumps bumpstops ordered and waiting for them to arrive at this moment.

Overall, I'm happy with how the 6112s perform for the price and the 5160s work well when not leaking. Any insight on why this keeps happening or what new shocks I should look into if a 3rd leak arises?

Pic for attention:
Lazywildcat01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote