View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 11:30 PM

rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough

rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough
Well, I never want to install one of these ever again. My god the instructions couldn't be more confusing. Even the online vehicle specific instructions are not helpful. I probably took the system out 3-4 times and there are a ton of bolts holding the system together. Thank god for a mini electric bit driver, was a lifesaver.

I had everything mounted in perfectly, made sure the trunk closed, and then when I had everything finished the side panels got pushed out further than before and cause them to hit the trunk. Ripped the whole thing out again and moved it back another inch or so. The hardware they provide is practically useless, although I have a lifetime supply of washers now. Thankfully I had plenty of nuts and bolts and was able to bolt it through the floorboard with my own hardware, rivnuts and bolts.

Their drawer stops caused another major headache because after mounting them, the draws would not latch. They were sticking out just a tad too much and causing the drawer to not fully close. I tried 4 different times, even with just one of the stops in on the drawer it was causing problems. I gave up and just made my own stops.

Finally after a day and a half of headache, it was done. The moment I was looking forward to was to finally put all of my gear inside. Everything I had previously stored in two large bins fit nicely inside with room to spare. They are the perfect height for everything I have and still leaves me room to sleep up on top of it after I build the second part of the sleeping platform.

Quality wise, I am very happy. They are sturdy, smooth, and I am super happy with the way they turned out. There are some things I noticed I disliked right away. First was the non locking drawer slides when fully extended. I knew this when I bought them, but never considered how helpful they really are in use. Second, the side wing kits are nice to have, but they really aren't the best fitting. Looking into the car from the rear, the front pieces on either side are off quite a bit and they leave you some carpet to kind of mimic a proper fit. I found that without anything behind it, as soon as you move it, it will fold in on itself. Not a big deal and maybe will consider finding a fix for it with a simple brace. Up top, not entirely a huge fan of the fitment with the removable piece as its a straight edge on the drawer and a curved corner on the car. Once again, small things but just things to keep in mind. Lastly on the front trim on the top platforms it looks like the edge trim was cut a little short and you have this odd gap where the carpet has already begun the fray. Not the most appealing thing, but hey it'll get beat down over time and that will be the least of my issues.

rjtakesphotos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote