Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Trans temps
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 09:43 AM

TW44LR will become famous soon enough

TW44LR will become famous soon enough
Trans temps

Hey I recently got an ultragauge and have been monitoring the trans temps. First off I’m wondering what’s a normal operating range for trans temps and engine temps? My engine temps usually don’t go higher than 190 but at one point on a hill climb they were up around 202 for a second. The trans temps are all over the place but sometimes with overdrive on and when I’m engaged in 4th gear the temps would always rise and once got up to 215 before I noticed and let off. So I’m wondering why do the temps increase so much when it’s in 4th gear and they drop as soon as it downshifts into 3rd or up shifts into 5th. And what’s the point I need to worry on trans temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TW44LR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote