Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 03:16 PM

2112 R will become famous soon enough 2112 R will become famous soon enough

2112 R will become famous soon enough 2112 R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhorn View Post
Where is everyone wiring their license plate lights?

I was thinking the hitch light would be the simplest since the UltraSwing would not be a permanent mount.
But maybe the taillight is better with a quick connect link in the wire.

I wanted something that was temporary and could be removed when I didn't have the hitch gate on the rig.

I bought a trailer harness:
Amazon.com: Miady 25ft Trailer Wiring Harness with 4 Flat Connector, 18 AWG Color Coded Wires Trailer Light Wiring Harness Extension with 4ft White Ground Wire: Automotive

Wired it to this: Amazon.com: LivTee Extremely Bright License Plate Frame LED License Plate Lights Lamp, Xenon White(6000K): Automotive

Snipped and capped all the non essential wires to reduce the size and mass of all the wires.

Then wrapped it in this:
Amazon.com: 65FT Wire Loom Tubing 3/8" Cable Sleeve Flexible Conduit, Flame Retardant PP Corrugated Electrical Wires Conduit, Electric Wires Cover,Black: Home Audio & Theater

Taped it up in a few spots to hold it all together.

When we use the swing out I zip tie the harness to the back side of the swing out and then plug it into the trailer harness location up under the back end on the drivers side.
Turn on the lights and the license plate lights up.
2112 R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote