Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 01:46 PM

Keros has a spectacular aura about Keros has a spectacular aura about

Keros has a spectacular aura about Keros has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
Interesting that you say yours sat lower in the rear airbags after changing it out. I talked with a couple of shops that specialize in 4runners and I told them I wanted to keep the airbags but dump the xreas and they said they have done lots and they never mentioned any problems with the rear sitting lower. And really I don't see why it should, the air pump should set the level regardless of what shocks are there. Unless you had alignment problems with your leveling system it should work just fine. I know mine still works fine as I lower and raised it from time to time and even sometimes I can hear it releasing air when I shut it down after parking. I guess I'll find out when I change them out though.
I too could find no real explanation for why it didn't work just fine. One day I hit a speed bump too fast and hit the bump stops so hard the steel straps that held the bilstein 5160 reservoirs onto the chassis broke off, dropping the shock reservoirs into the rear suspension.

It became clear something had to change, and fast. So I ditched the RAS for standard coils and super bumps. Handles big bumps with grace and dignity now.
Keros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote