View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 01:48 PM

lunchboxtheman is on a distinguished road

lunchboxtheman is on a distinguished road
I also have this exact same issue. Only started happening about 2k miles ago. Before that was perfect. I have Dobonson’s coilovers and JBA std high caster UCAs.

Same thing. Only hear it when moving slow, turning, and generally when the car is cold. I DID notice that I only get it to clunk when changing direction. Like when the steering wheel passes zero to go from left to right or right to left. Sometimes I can actually feel the clunk through the pedal.

I double checked all torque on front suspension. LCA bolts, cam bolts, upper and lower shock bolts, sway bar mounting bolts, tie rod ends. Everything. All cam bolts have been marked and are not moving. I don’t see any wear patterns indicating rubbing or contact anywhere.

I greased my upper ball joints and UCA bushings. Didn’t help. UCA has about 20k miles on it and I grease them religiously.

Because of what I said about it only happening when changing direction, I suspect my tie rod end ball joints might be shot. But I only have 50k on the truck. I wouldn’t think they’d be bad so soon but I do have 275s and maybe the extra weight and diameter wears them?

Does anyone have any other ideas what to check? Thank you to all the mechanical detectives out there!

Last edited by lunchboxtheman; 04-17-2021 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typos
lunchboxtheman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote