Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 08:04 PM

wtfemery will become famous soon enough

wtfemery will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessblockades View Post
Good job powering through! I kinda side eyed the bumper design the first time I saw it, but it's growing on me. Now rather than making your dear mom run the welding rig, I'd think about building a support jig from scrap wood that you can use to hold the bumper in place with a floor jack and jack-stand it. Another set of hands or two would be ideal, but it looks like you'll figure something out!
I did, with jack stands and books, I somehow made it work, didn’t even need help, although if I had an extra set of hands it would’ve been done 5x as fast lol.

Not much visible progress today other than switching to the new mounts and a few more big welds. I had to destroy the old mounts in the process of getting them off, so it took a while.

Edit: Oh, and I kinda wish the new brackets had more room to move forward another half inch, so if I bump into something the bumper won’t immediately ram up against my body pieces, but I guess that’s how it has to be. It does result in a less bulky look though since it’s pushed up closer to the body, i guess. I had to grid down the bumper in some spots so that it wouldn’t rub against things, like whatever that cylindrical thing is in front of the radiator on the passenger side.

Edit 2: I’m also thinking of putting a recessed plate behind the “MOVE” logo, about an inch back, enclosing it, and using the two little included lights (meant for turn signals) to illuminate the recessed plate from below so the logo just slightly glows orange, like a jack-o-lantern. I think it’d be a cool look...

Last edited by wtfemery; 04-17-2021 at 08:32 PM.
wtfemery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote