View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:26 AM

WhiteMudhorn is on a distinguished road

WhiteMudhorn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvir555 View Post
Does anyone know of any other companies that make this part for the newer 4Runners with the sensors in the grill. I’m getting fed up with fidgeting with this one and i just want one that fits right that i don’t have to modify myself. I installed this on the first day i got my 4Runner and it’s muddied the new car experience for me. Very disappointed in this product and company.
Hey Elvir,

I finally got mine and was able to install mine this past weekend and while it does have its issues, It's sort of fixable.

1) Only the 4 screws on the outside of the top grill can be screwed in with the stock screws. Get #8- Stainless 1-1/2" button top phillips screws and it will work for the other four. The angles are a bit different but it'll work ok. You can drill new holes if you want it perfectly aligned but you might need a washer at that point.

2) To make the black Toyota bar fit, I had to dremel (grind) where the slots from the top grill fits in down quite a bit. It's not visible though. If you have time, sanding all of the top ridge down a bit would help as well.

3) To not have the weird gap, I used the provided double sided tape, I doubled up the tape to act as a spacer before putting the plastic fastener in. 3 layers would guarantee no gap but 2 layers was already hard to get the fastener in. Two layers seem like a good compromise. You can try 3 layers and take one out if the fastener doesn't fit.

More than likely, all of the aftermarket places share the same molds for these so to be able to get the perfect fit, you'll have to shell out the $500 for Genuine Toyota parts.

Last edited by WhiteMudhorn; 04-19-2021 at 10:28 AM.
WhiteMudhorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote