Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 12:53 PM

WTS is on a distinguished road

WTS is on a distinguished road
Well as it turns out, I ordered the 4600 series frt/rear, paid for them(from Bilstein Canada), then they said they had no stock on the rear shocks and no ETA from Bilstein for them. SO they offered me the 4600 for the front and the 5100s for the rear(same price). So I said okay ship them, then they came back 20 minutes later and said we'll give you all 5100s for no extra cost over the 4600, so of course, ha-ha, I said ship'em I'll take them.

So I guess I'll see how the 5100s turn out, but I'm still going to keep them at "0" lift(stock height).

Apparently Bilstein is having real product problems as far as trying to keep up with demand in North America. I guess with this covid crap going on it would seem that people have a lot of time on their hands, well at least 4runner owners as those seemed to be the ones they are out of stock on.

Now I see my inboard boot on the left front axle is torn, so now I have to replace it. My mechanic says it's cheaper to buy the toyota "whole axle" than to try and just replace the boot. He says it's cheaper because it takes a lot less time(and time is money in shop time costs). I trust him considering he was my neighbour and I've known him for about 35 years.
WTS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote