Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 05:34 PM

08TxRunner is a jewel in the rough 08TxRunner is a jewel in the rough 08TxRunner is a jewel in the rough

08TxRunner is a jewel in the rough 08TxRunner is a jewel in the rough 08TxRunner is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
I've had mine installed for 250 miles now. If you do some Google searching you'll find that pretty much anyone who has experience with them have been positive. Just make sure you installed them correctly. I've done my 2nd spacer lug nut check and nothing has loosened. I'm going to drive from Seattle to Moab, UT with this set up. Spacers or really low offset wheels will decrease wheel bearing life but I'm already at 90k so I plan to change out the bearings by 130-140k miles anyway, if needed.

1. Clean your wheel hub and lugs with brake cleaner and brush.
2. Apply a tiny amount of anti-seize to the mating surface of the spacer.
3. Apply a dab of red loctite on the threads of the supplied lug nuts. Hand tighten all six of them. Conical end of nuts goes in first.
4. Torque nuts to 90ft/lbs utilizing a star-pattern. I added witness marks with a yellow paint pen. Torque wheels nuts to factory specs.
5. After 50 miles you want to re-check that the spacer nuts haven't loosened. Set wrench to 85ft/lbs so you wont break the loctite. If anything moves, you needs to re-torque that nut with fresh loctite.
6. After another 100 miles re-check the spacer nuts.
7. Re-check nuts every 5,000 miles or every tire rotation.
Great advice right there. Had them on my 4th gen forever. Loved them and had no issues.
08TxRunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote