View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 12:47 PM

Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough

Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB View Post
Recently moved from a '15 4Runner Limited to a '15 GX460 Luxury w/ Driver Support Package, and I feel you've nailed the short list of shortcomings between the 2 platforms. The rear hatch is worse, the lack of roll down window is missed, and I went from used to used to depreciation was minimized.

I've also noticed, the 4Runner takes larger tires more easily, specifically what fits in the spare spot due to the KDSS on the GX460 (255/75/17 did not fit, not even close). I don't find the LED headlights on the GX460 are as good as the HID upgrade I'd done on the 4Runner, and upgrades aren't really a thing when you have the factory LED setup. Smaller fogs mean I can't swap my DD SS3's over to the GX460 as well, so lighting output is way down from what I had on the 4R. Carplay is a big deal for me, I had a Pioneer deck in the 4R, and I'm stuck with a GROM or similar on the GX460. Those gripes aside, the GX460 is better in every other way IMO.
One sort of random question: How much bigger/smaller is the GX's cargo area for day to day use, with the rear seats down?

My first 5th gen didn't have the sliding tray and the cargo area felt so much larger. My second 5th gen does have it and I hate it, and it eats considerable floor space. I have a feeling the GX with the third row folded down and a 5th gen with the cargo tray will feel pretty comparable for cargo space...

2021 Lexus GX 460 Luxury , Atomic Silver/Black @LandCruiserDNA
Previous: 1999, 2016 and 2019 4Runners
Gecko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote