Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 02:14 PM

Rpede is on a distinguished road

Rpede is on a distinguished road
TRD pads were my second choice. I understand NRS pads are expensive so going with TRD or Toyota OEM brake pads are great options as well. If you do the research there is nothing “gimmick or BS” about their pads and the company.

As to brake delamination I have in fact seen in more than once on repair jobs. One was when the pads backing plate part which rides on the abutment clips had a layer of rust forming and eventually seized within the clips causing rotation and the delamination of the pad from the backing plate. Another time was rust which creeped behind the backing plate and caused the pad material to be pushed away. BOTH were after market premium brake pads offered by local auto stores. I would never expect nor have seen OEM pads delamination.

The Global Brake Safety Council in fact has been pushing for more rigid standards with aftermarket pads due to the issue which rust can cause such as delamination of backing plate and the pad material. They conducted a study in Canada and the USA of brake pads which were replaced, 10,000 in fact, and 12% had excessive rust, 22% had lifted edges or separation and 6% had broken friction material. So if you have never seen it do more brake jobs and you will.

As I stated in my initial post my opinion is subjective and not objective (based on a study), I like them better than OEM because they are galvanized, and I love their initial bite and feel when braking. Simply offering a potential option for others to consider. I have always gone with OEM brake pads and they have never let me down. I decided to switch to the NRS pads based on feedback from mechanics that have given them a full run. However, I certainly didn’t intend to imply OEM or TRD are not good...in fact they are the most solid option especially considering price as a factor.
Rpede is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote