View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 01:11 PM

5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough 5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough

5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough 5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough
Two more pictures from that night since the limit per post is 20...

Full Resolution

Full Resolution

Day 4 (3/22):
We woke up Monday and discussed our plans for the rest of the trip. That was the first day of my spring break and I had a lot of friends who were getting home from school that I wanted to see, so I had initially planned to leave either Monday or Tuesday. My cousin was feeling a little worried about the trail repairs on his shock, especially since he kept having to tighten it, despite the Loctite. He decided that he was going to drive home that day to avoid the risk of getting back on the trail and breaking down farther from a paved road. This led me to decide to drive home that day too. My uncle stayed out for at least a week.

After breakfast, I packed up and got on the road. Just down the highway, before I-15 I took some pictures.

Full Resolution

Full Resolution

Full Resolution

Full Resolution

Soda Lake in the background:
Full Resolution

Aircraft graveyard on I-15:
Full Resolution

Truck fire on I-5:
Full Resolution

Full Resolution

I had a great time on this short trip. I knew before I went that it was going to be a lot of driving for a pretty short stay, and in the future I'd like to stay longer for such a long drive. I'll defiently be going back to the Mojave road, and I'd like to complete it. The 4Runner performed really well, and I would've liked to do a bit more technical driving, but I don't think that's really the point of the Mojave Road.

Two points for me:
1) Cooler is not the way to go with storing food over a few days. By the end it was full of water and a lot of my food was soggy or downright soaked.
2) Buy an air compressor. We aired down on the second day after getting off of I-15 with the replacement parts and it made a world of difference in comfort. I wouldn't have been able to do that on my own since I have no compressor.

Last edited by 5VZ-FE; 04-22-2021 at 03:11 PM.
5VZ-FE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote