ats90mph is on a distinguished road

ats90mph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanh View Post
Ok, who is the seller?
The eBay seller was “parts2lan”, and this was back in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubsz View Post
Random thread? I'm not trying to make a front page news story about corruption but when the OP says they bought "OEM" parts off ebay, stating they have Toyota labels and packaging, then they post about having issues with a 13,000 mile LBJ, I think it's a reasonable proposition to explore. Especially when they are considering spending money to remedy said issue. Why not ensure you have the right part, if it's something that's going to bother you, and compare to the bad one
If the eBay ball joint was a fake, it’s a damn good one. The powder coating, machining, boot thickness and packaging were all identical to the new joint I picked up from the dealer today (which leads me to believe the eBay part isn’t a counterfeit). The only difference (which gives credence to the low grease theory) is the joint itself. The eBay part could not be moved by hand. The dealer part I picked up today could be easily moved by hand.

While I’m not in the counterfeit business, I don’t see much point in copying low volume, relatively low price parts such as a ball joint. However something like oil filters makes sense. They move a lot of them, and it would seem to be worth setting up all the tooling and printing to produce fake oil filters. You could also slip them into the logistics chain overseas and it not be noticed, just my $0.02...

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoleif View Post
i contacted total chaos last year, or maybe it was 2019, and asked if they have uniballs for my '99, and at that time they didn't. since then, i have learned through disassembly and testing that their uniballs i've had on my '95 pickup for many years are the source of the truck's irritating squeaking. at this point i don't really think i'd go for them in my 4R. i do need to order more for the truck, since putting them in entails boring out the holes larger, so once i've done that, the knuckle is altered and i'm forever a total chaos customer :-)
Thanks for the validation that uniball probably isn’t the way to go for me. I’m always very hesitant to do any modifications that can’t be reversed. There was a bull bar that I wanted, and it’s mounting required cutting and tapping the frame rails, a bridge too far for me. Even though I plan I keeping it until the end, I don’t like doing something I can’t bring back to factory condition....

Last edited by ats90mph; 04-23-2021 at 02:32 AM.
ats90mph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote