Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 05:59 PM

RobS10 has a spectacular aura about RobS10 has a spectacular aura about

RobS10 has a spectacular aura about RobS10 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn_85 View Post
@RobS10 If you still haven't purchased your vehicle yet I would definitely just get a premium vehicle with softex from the get go. When I purchased my 2016 new I thought I wanted just the base model (non-premium) since I knew I was going to mod it out and didn't want any of the extra features. I think at that time the price difference from non-premium to premium was maybe $2,700 retail. I have a dog that sheds quite a bit and after a year I was sick and tired of shop vacuuming the 4R every 2-4 weeks since his hair would just get stuck everywhere. Spoke with a Katzkin dealer who gave me the best price for 2 rows and added heated seats. I believe it came out to be like $1,800 after all said and done. It's been a great upgrade and I don't need to vacuum so much anymore since I can just brush the dog hair out. However had I just sprung for a premium model from the beginning I would have had factory softex heated seats and extra's like sunroof, homelink, heated side mirrors, dimming rear view mirror, garage door buttons, etc etc that all come with premium models.

So yes I think leather seats are a very worthwhile upgrade especially if you have dogs that shed but if you can just get a premium model to begin with.
We're looking at the Used market...so many more cloth seats in my area, OR, LTDs, which I don't really want to pay the extra for stuff I don't need.
RobS10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote