Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 10:26 AM

RobS10 has a spectacular aura about RobS10 has a spectacular aura about

RobS10 has a spectacular aura about RobS10 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessblockades View Post
I was gonna say that a lot of folks in 'San Fran' driving 3rd Gens are still union/working class types and are only still here due to a variety of reasons like lucky/timely property acquisition, cryptocurrency, or generational succession. I'm a rent-controlled renter. It IS a very fair assumption, however, that if someone has moved here in the last 5 years, has a 5th Gen and a cabin that they are not living paycheck-to-paycheck like me! Those people are rather unlikely to be on tr4.org asking questions unless they also happen to have extremely good taste.
Keeping the 4Runner going is like holding onto property during a major downturn - don't let it go due to unfounded worries! Trying to buy in again will be very painful.....
No doubt, when people see where I live they assume we're high income, since it's unaffordable for people to move here without deep pockets. But we're that rare exception, and feel blessed to have had the family history here.
Nice to see another City guy here :-).
RobS10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote