View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 12:06 PM

sparkyy192 is on a distinguished road

sparkyy192 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
IMO a lot of the 5160 issues come from the fact that they are not designed for suspension over 2" of lift. Even though your spring is listed as 2" of lift with the heavy rear load, if you are extending past the 2" because you don't have the full weight you may be overextending the shock. I'm not an expert, as there are a lot of issues like this with the 5160, so I could be wrong. I'm wondering if someone were to create a poll to see who had issues and what their rear lift height was (actual not listed) if the majority had actual lift heights beyond the 2".

Edit: Check what @TotalAutomotiveLV stated in this post (#13)...kinda confirms my assumption (looks like 1.5" is more of the limit of this shock).

Bilstein 5160 leaks two times now
Thanks this is what I was looking for.

I guess I’ll try the OME or Icon shocks for the rear
sparkyy192 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote