View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 12:46 AM

91foxbody will become famous soon enough 91foxbody will become famous soon enough

91foxbody will become famous soon enough 91foxbody will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertbomber View Post
Regardless of a change, it'd be symmetrical and moot as long as both sides were installed properly and the vehicle's alignment done within spec. Think about what happens with long travel kits utilizing stock pivot locations, there is a ton more leverage being applied, but again it's symmetrical since both sides have the same adjustment, and as long as the bushings and steering connectors are in good shape then nothing bad happens.

Immediately after installing 1.5" hub centric spacers, I went to Joshua Tree and then earlier this month did a 2K+ mile SoCal to UT camping/overlanding trip with off roading and everything felt solid, and when I checked spacers' torque after initial JT trip nothing had moved.
The fact that it's happening on both side doesn't change the fact that it's putting additional stress on the hubs/bearings. I'm glad you've had a good experience with them, but it's worth discussing the potential negatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrik78 View Post
There is no noticeable difference in driving feel for hard braking or swerving when comparing similar setups with and without wheel spacers.

I personally have 65,000+ miles on my spacers, with thousands of miles off road and hundreds of hard hits (including a concrete ditch culvert) and there have been *zero* issues. One guy made a reddit post about losing a wheel because torque specs weren't followed and everyone starts losing their mind that the things are unsafe. Lots of things are unsafe if you don't follow the proper use instructions.

People are making mountains out of mole hills.
I'm not saying your wheels are going to fall off, but it's disingenuous to say that the wheel bearings/etc. aren't stressed more due to the additional torque on them from the wheels moving 1.25''+ away from the hub. It's detrimental to those parts, but if you're OK with it then it's fine.
91foxbody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote