Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 11:15 AM

BearBio has a spectacular aura about BearBio has a spectacular aura about

BearBio has a spectacular aura about BearBio has a spectacular aura about
I have had one kind or another of 4WD since I was in my 20's, starting with a Subaru Brat. Been through a jeep (worst car ever!), several Toyotas, Nissans, Fords, and a Scout, plus some others. Since getting married, we have pretty much had an SUV and a 4WD truck, continuously. Drove 4WD rigs as a Federal biologist in all kinds of weather and terrain.

Retired 1 1/2 years ago and the wife announced that she was retiring in about 2 months. Our Xterra was getting to the point (175K miles) of starting to need repairs and so did my Frontier Crew Cab (Tranny started slipping yesterday!). She (my $$$) got me an FJ40 for Valentine's Day. That will be used for local driving by me.

Figured we needed an SUV that would last a few years (We don't have many left ourselves). I have always been a Toy fan and thought about a more modern TLC. Prices and availability were outrageous! So, we agreed to look at a used 4Runner. The more I looked, the more I was impressed!

There were two at dealers in town but I thought either the price or miles were too high. Then, about 3 weeks ago come Saturday, we were going out to look at those and I saw a 2019 with ~16K miles that was listed just that morning. Bit more than I wanted to pay but....... I/we bought it with a clear conscience and, so far, we are not looking back.

It's a Nautical Blue, SR5, 4WD. I am very favorably impressed with the features and "rhino-tuffness" displayed by it. Doing a few mods (side rails, bull bar, roof rack). Pics will follow when the "mods" are finished and I take some photos.
BearBio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote