View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:41 AM

ctnewman has a spectacular aura about ctnewman has a spectacular aura about

ctnewman has a spectacular aura about ctnewman has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys,

The center mounted ones will NOT clear a ladder. That is the reason for the offset. When I designed this my main intention was to have a close fitting design where the tire hugged the rear hatch, because all the ones on the market stuck out so far.

See pics below for reference of fitment with gobi ladder. I suppose that you could put spacers behind the wheel... but then what's the point of the tight fitting design.

Also, I made the executive decision and decided to make 3 offset and two centered. One of each is spoken for.

Additionally, here is some more information that i was asked in a PM but thought group knowledge would be helpful:

1) the camera mounts on an armored extension that peeks through the wheel centerbore.

2) higher license plate sits in different places depending on whether or not is is offset or centered:

you can see there there are two plate mounts. The upper mount is for the centered setup, the lower mount is for the offset. Only one plate mount will be on there, though.

3) the offset is to the right, not out away from the vehicle. The wheel on the offset version is shifted 8" off center to the right. It should clear your gobi ladder assuming it's installed in the factory specified spot. I have seen some installed more centered. the picture below shows the offset version. For reference the one on my truck is offset 10" to the right and the gobi ladder is installed in the factory specified position.

Last edited by ctnewman; 04-28-2021 at 09:01 AM.
ctnewman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote