View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 07:57 PM

swapped_mini is on a distinguished road

swapped_mini is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.turner.1238 View Post
Tightened up my alternator and the squeaking literally immediately went away. Ta daaa

I was able to twist the belt over 180 degrees so I tightened it until it was only about 90 degrees.

Still waiting on my coolant temp switch thingy to come in the mail. I was worried that that wouldn't allow the coolant to flow properly, but it seems like all that switch does is relay the temp to the gauge cluster. Coolant seems to be flowing just fine. So I gotta replace that and put in a few cotter pins. Then I want to do a thorough fluid flush/change. Gonna do coolant, oil, trans oil, and both diffs. I still need to recharge my AC system too as I discharged it when disassembling everything. Anybody know if I can just use the cans you can buy at auto parts stores for this? Or should I take it to a shop?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Glad you got it going! There are two temp senders, one at the front of the intake and one at the rear. The one at the rear is for the gauge and the one at the front is for the computer if I remember right. It won't run right without the one for the computer hooked up because it uses this one to know when the motor is cold and hot, I am not sure if it would stay in high idle without it hooked up? It won't affect coolant flow because that is regulated by the thermostat which is mechanical. Either way sounds like you will have a new one soon.
swapped_mini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote