Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 04:40 PM

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoleif View Post

that said, i'm curious to see how your design evolves, and i wonder how it would integrate the OEM bumper and still offer protection for the headlights, grille, condenser, and radiator. we totaled a subaru this way, and i really don't want to lose my baby (my 4R) to another deer. do your modularity plans include the possibility of adding on a refined (loaded word, sorry) bull bar sort of top portion?
The beefier replacement for the OEM Chrome valence will do a better job for deer and offroad protection for sure, although I cannot promise we will ever do headlight hoops or the like, as I feel that starts to wander from the OEM+ aesthetic.

Quote:

another consideration: i am no welder, and frankly don't like my neighbor (a professional welder) enough to beg for his help. would you consider an option for supplying a bare but welded product, if the customer were to supply as many exact measurements as you need?
We will not be offering a fully fab'ed bumper at this time. It will increase lead times and shipping costs to a point we are not comfortable with at this time. Possibly in the future but not out of the gate.

Quote:
edit: my bumper is a little bent just like that. makes me feel like i was looking at a scan of mine :-) oh and a winch mount wouldn't be in the cards for my 4R; i have a truck i go beat up on the trails. would it be straightforward to offer a no-winch option?

thanks
We designed the bumper to still look good and function without the winch in place. So I'd say that if you'd rather not run a winch, you can totally not install one and it will still function as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3627 View Post
I really like the design
Glad to hear! I've been obsessing over the details for a while. Honestly was kind of nervous releasing this, thinking.... I hope what's in my head is actually cool for other people! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLife View Post
I'm liking the along the oem design too.
How bout incorporating a 2" front receiver option?
Never thought of that. I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate behind the lower front skid area (so it would be hidden). If demand is enough, I think we could incorporate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom-a-Loom View Post
I look forward to seeing a final design and yes I would purchase your product.
Glad you like it, Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZiggy View Post
Second on adding a front receiver hitch. For folks who are allergic to weight having a receiver mounted winch is a great solution.

Will this be compatible with typical aftermarket skids (like Savage)?
Some notes on the hitch receiver in my comments above - not a bad idea at all. I just hope it wouldn't increase the weight of the "bumper chassis" a ton for guys who don't want/need it and who are also allergic ot weight. ;)

RE: skids - I can't speak to them all until we try them but I will say that we know 95% of the skid plates bolt to the factory front crossmember, and this was made to not interfere with those mounting locations. You can see my Element aluminum skid plate in the scan, and it will work flawlessly with the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raty4R View Post
Will these fit the 99+ years? 1999-2002.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeakSauz View Post
Addison- Love the design, as I'm a sucker for OEM designing. You just can't beat the stock lines of these trucks, and this bumper helps preserve that while also giving the needed clearance.

Really looking forward to checking out production versions. I've got a 2000 fat lip, so curious about how that may work out in future revisions as well

Awesome stuff!
I'll try and answer both comments here. I agree on the classic/timeless lines of the 3rd gen. Definitely trying to preserve that in the design, so I'm glad you've noted that.

- My truck is actually a 00' 4Runner, so yes it will fit with 99-02' trucks. Our thoughts are that if you want the lightest possible version - you buy our bumper kit and source a 96-98' bumper to work with it. They are ~$100 on RockAuto for a new one or you can source one from a wrecker. This ensures the bumper fits all 96-02' 4Runners.
- Alternatively if you have a 99-02' we will soon be offering a fully fabricated replacement for the 96-98' "chrome bumper" that will bolt to the same mounts. This can A) either be an optional upgrade path for people or B) they can choose the fully fabricated version from the start if they don't want to run the flimsy 96-98' bumper.
- I also know that the 99-02" fat lip bumpers have a very similar mounting point to the 96-98' bumper. There is a very high possibility (especially if we have the demand) that we will be able to accommodate the top half of the 99-02 fat lip bumper in the same way as we do with the 96-98' bumper with some tweaks to the mounting points. Our thinking initially was that the 96-98 bumper looks better (especially when we have the brackets to mount 2x LED pods in the turn signal openings) and it natively has a greater approach angle than the 99-02 bumper.

Hope that makes sense and answers your questions!

Appreciate all the good questions and feedback everyone! Please keep it coming!

Last edited by rickashay; 04-29-2021 at 04:44 PM.
rickashay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote