View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 05:21 PM

gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough

gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough gimlithepirate is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbuckley View Post
Late to the party but thought I'd try...

Looking at the same kit I believe for a 2006 4runner. Running 265/70 R17 BFG K02s. Original shocks are worn out, and I'd like to replace all four corners and keep it fairly close to stock.

PRO-TRUCK LIFT SYSTEM (Stage 1) - TOYOTA 4Runner Base

Am I correct in that this would equal about a 1" lift in the back, and raise the front to nearly level? Would I need UCAs? This will be a casually used daily driver with some unimproved service roads on the weekends.

Another common option I see is 5100s and Moog FJ Springs. How does that setup compare price and performance wise? Thanks in advance for any help!
As stated, you don't strictly speaking need new UCAs. You can get away with the old ones. That said, if you've got a bunch of mileage on them you will have to replace them at some point. Lifts tend to be hard on UCAs.

Personally I think this is a step up from the 5100/Moog setup. Its closer to some of the milder Dobinsons setups. I feel like the Eibachs have a more forgiving on road feel than the Bilsteins do.

Biggest issue is if you load up with a full load of camp gear for a 3-4 day trip with liquids and everything, it is going to sag pretty bad. Personally, I think they needed a taller rear spring, so I ended up replacing my rear springs.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go Dobinsons. However, I needed something adjustable as it was a year of wheeling before my bumper went on, and my wife liked the way the original stuff road so I didn't want to get something too heavy in terms of ride quality. It has met my needs pretty well.

2007 v8 4Runner Limited Build thread: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...ing-build.html
gimlithepirate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote