View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 02:14 PM

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all
I see my view is contrary to several of you. It's all perspective, I'm in an ultra poor county where housing prices have now inflated 3x what they were just a couple years ago and there are no jobs that pay enough to support those prices. The one big employer, Georgia-Pacific, shut down their plant last year and haven't restarted, putting even more strain on the local economy. The piddly sum of "free money" is not Nearly enough to account for the price increases I'm seeing. Basically, my view is that this is a winch line working past it's load rating and resting on a sharp edge, it's going to snap, it's going to be chaotic when it snaps and a lot of people are going to suffer. Past that, I expect there will be price corrections simply because the demand won't be there anymore. The people who couldn't afford the toys that the "free money" allowed them to buy, will end up selling those toys to cover other, essential, costs. Those who bought in on high housing and get hit with high taxes that they can't afford, will sell (or default). It's not like employers are paying any more... my wife hasn't seen a raise of ANY kind in 6 years, and that raise was from changing employers, it only accounted for an extra thousand or so a year (medical field). I certainly haven't seen a raise/increase in income of any kind since ~2008.

Maybe it's simple hope that I haven't found myself pushed out of middle class and straight into poverty for good. Perhaps that fear is coloring my perspective... forcing me to Want economic correction that at least gets me back close to where I was in January 2020.