Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 07:37 PM

msp will become famous soon enough

msp will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cognus View Post
Is this a strange question? I had 3rd Gen [2000] and 4th Gen now - the 'devil I know' and the seats in both were/are "OK", not great. I have driven a couple of 5th Gens but both were used in "meh" condition and both were SR5 IIRC. I

have read numbers of posts here and elsewhere of folks in 3rd, 4th, 5th gen that hate the front seats. Are there any changes from year to year, in any Trim levels, that materially change the fit or comfort of the front seats? Materials, foam, shape, dimensions? If so, I'm going to hunt down a few more models/trims to try on. I bought a Sequoia and now thinking of trading for a 5th Gen but I can't stand a misfit seat

Here's a snippet from a review of 2021 T4R on Edmunds.com, note seat comment: "We kept waiting for the “new model” but decided it was time to trade in the 2015. That was a wise decision as the 2021 Limited has been greatly improved inside with pleasant NAV upgrade, much-improved seating, and finally with very comfortable ride."

thx
Only your butt and back can decide if the seats are right for you. I had a 2012 Trail and the seats were painful...for me. I'm now in a 2020 TRD Off Road with cloth seats and just got home from a 6 hour ride with no back pain at all. The Limited has very nice ventilated, leather seats which I also found to be very comfortable.