Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 10:06 AM

4runnerWiniarski23 is on a distinguished road

4runnerWiniarski23 is on a distinguished road
No Start No Click

Hey guys,

Ive been fighting a starting issue the last 12-24 hours. Let me start with saying last few months starter definitly sounded like it had better days but it started and no clicking. Fastfoward yesterday, I washed the truck . Get in to move it and i get the dreaded starter click. I think to myself what a time for it to die. Some of the things that I notice when going to replace it. I would turn the key and loose all the interior lights on dash etc and get no click or anything. I went out and banged the starter with a piece of wood 10-12 times and finally she cranked over and started. This really led me to believe it was the starter motor. l

I head over to autozone get a reman starter. I put it in last night, taking out easier than putting in am i wrong? But I go to start and get nothing no clicks. I do have all my interior lights and dash lights everything seems to be working.

I have tried to jump the 3-5 starter relay and still nothing. I even tried starting in neutral and still nothing. I crawled under and tried to test the power to the starter and it seems like Im not getting any voltage.(using tester one side to ground the other to the large terminal on the starter right?) Number 5 on relay with ignition on does give me about 12 volts. Im getting about 1-2 volts on Pin 2 for the safetys and zero volts on pin 1.

I am at a complete lost I called a friend just to get another set of eyes/mind. He will be coming over later but this forum always kicks ass. Any help greatly appreciated.
4runnerWiniarski23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote