Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 03:43 PM

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS10 View Post
Like to stay below 100K mikes, and a rear locker would be nice, as would be the sliding cargo platform. Also, something with leather or the synth leather seats - we have a dog and the wife does NOT want cloth. I do like the improvements that came in 2014, especially the blue gauges over the orange.
if you have a dog do not get cloth. get a car seat cover as well...

like it or not though, age does play a part in vehicle pricing. to your most recent post, a 2014 is about half as old as a 2017 today. there's simply a greater chance of something wearing out faster or being more fatigued from weather. things like blower fans, AC pump, navigation display dimming/wearing out, power winder motors, etc. etc. and milestone service that has been neglected

as repo mentioned, 100k you will see deals, 150k you will see alot of deals BUT you have to find them to ensure you don't find yourself with mountains of repair work that has been neglected. age simply is a risk factor and people get worried by high mileage and it's understandable why they do.

I scooped a 2012 limited with under 150k miles for about $14K USD, no accidents, ONE owner, lady driven. I chose it over newer models with about 100k or less on them selling for much more $, and invested the rest. reason being is I had every single service record for this vehicle (none of the others I viewed had them), all maintenance was dealer performed at the exact recommended mileage, to a t. serviced at the same Toyota dealer its whole life, even for burnt out lightbulbs. the family was selling it because they needed a bigger third row to accommodate growing and more children and still have trunk space. sure I will need to do some regular maintenance (original xreas and it's still going strong, no body lean in cornering, fingers crossed), but the spark plugs, throttle body/injector cleaning, drive belt and brakes / rotors were just done. new tires all around too. spotless service record nothing other than routine maintenance. If I have to put in $5k in repairs for bigger items that's fine, I know the engine and transmission are solid

Last edited by Humble Leader; 05-02-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Humble Leader is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote