View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 09:17 PM

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thennen View Post
This is fun to follow, and will be interesting to finally see the end result. A very ambitious undertaking. My hat goes off to you.

First question: what are you doing with all the original pieces? I'm not curious for myself, just curious. I would think that some of it would be of interest to other people, maybe all of it. Or maybe you want to keep it for posterity, reminders of how it was when you got it.

Second question: I can see that you like grays, but have you thought about using an original Ford color scheme, as a nod to the Mach 1 that this Celica body style mimics? Even striping, blacked-out hood, etc.? Not to be making a copy of a Mustang, but to acknowledge that's where this design comes from. Just a thought. Whatever you do will be cool.
Anything useable I've been storing in the basement, or in labeled bags, a lot of it is trashed though so the interior will basically be brand new, a lot of it fabricated myself like door cards and dash. AC and heater, when I get around to it, will be a non-original setup (restomod air or vintage air). Everything but brake stuff, steering column, and windshield wiper mechanism has been scrapped in the engine bay, nothing worth saving except the trans might be worth something. I've kept the Corona bottle cap I found under the seat though...

As for color schemes, not a big ford guy I guess. At this point I'm wanting to keep the exterior mostly original looking, except paint, JDM bumpers, lowered suspension, and some 'period-correct' wheels.
Inv4drZm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote